Wouldn’t it be great to be working for someone that genuinely cares about its employees? To follow a path that is rewarding, yet challenging in an environment where you are encouraged to grow, be a better version of yourself and feel that incredible sense of self-satisfaction? Where you’re not just a number within a massive organisation?
We take great pride in knowing that our average tenure at Streetbuild is 6 years – yes you read that correctly – 6 years! When the national average is 4 we know we are doing something right.
Our work comes to us based on our product, personal values, work ethic and word of mouth - The way we go about our work and the way we treat people is what attracts our clients…hopefully it's what will attract you as well.
"We're not your average builder and we're proud of it. We come to work because we love what we do. We don't set out to impress, we're simply driven by our passion to create & to express our vision." Graeme Street (Managing Director)
So……what are you waiting for. You’ve read this much, you’re still here. Go on, take the next step. Review our available positions below and then get in touch with us so we can get a better understanding of who YOU are.
If there are no positions available, feel free to send us your CV anyway as we are always looking for good staff – particularly Site Staff.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with one of the most respected construction companies, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is our list of current available positions.
Site Foreman (Day/Night Shift)
Streetbuild are always looking for experienced, motivated Site Supervisors/ Formen to work on our projects across QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, SA, Tasmania CBD and regional locations. If you possess the below criteria and would like to be part of the Streetbuild Team email your application to email@example.com
Liaising daily with the Project Manager, you will be required to supervise projects whilst ensuring construction is delivered in accordance with the drawings and specifications, in a safe and diligent manner, to the highest possible standard, on time and in line with predetermined costs.
In your position of Site Supervisor/Forman you are required to ensure the store is ready for trade and complete daily handover to the next shift Site Foreman and store operations team.
To be considered you will possess:
- Analytical skills to be able to understand and interpret technical specifications, drawings and documents and formulate plans from them;
- Written communication to be able to write reports and complete site paperwork/administration;
- Numeracy skills, to enable scaling of drawings, checking measurements/ angles and doing calculations;
- Verbal communication skills to enable effective communication at all levels, and be able to develop good relationships with clients/client representatives;
- Excellent time management skills;
- The ability to make carefully reasoned decisions under pressure;
- Knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, and possess the knowledge to be able to quality control works ensuring that they are completed to the required standards;
- Knowledge and the ability to take a proactive approach to safety and environmental concerns onsite;
- Ability to understand WHS&E, Emergency and Traffic Management Plans;
- Have a commercial approach, able to identify cost savings, with an understanding of budget issues.
Qualifications & Experience;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Site Supervisor or Foreman or Leading Hand role in commercial construction;
- Experience working on projects between $1M to $10M with a leading principal contractor;
- Trade qualification;
- Previous responsibility for WH&S, Quality Assurance & Environmental activities on site;
- Experience in the Retail and/or Education construction sector;
- A demonstrated ability in managing the expectations of Clients and sub-contractors;
- Previous experience supervising during refurbishment works in a live retail environment will be an advantage.
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Construction White Card
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement of this position that you have a right to work in Australia. You will be asked to provide valid VISA documents in the interview process. We are not in the position to be VISA sponsors.
For further information about our company, please visit our website:
To be considered for this role, in the first instance, please email your cover letter & resume to: